Sunday, June 7, 2009

Art In The Park

It was absolutely gorgeous here yesterday.  The sun was shining, the temperatures were only about 80 and the humidity was low.  A perfect day for going to a local tradeshow dubbed Art In The Park.

Most of the vendors were Missouri artisans, although some came from neighboring states.  The things available ranged from day to day boring to very unique.  There was a lot of beautifully expensive pottery everywhere I turned.  We loved the original art work but couldn’t quite fit that into our budget either. 

 004

This short guy amazed me.  He juggled and played the harmonica at the same time while walking around.  I found myself wondering if he was chewing gum too…

005

We are planning a bathroom makeover in the near future.  We’ve settled on greens and white as the color scheme but couldn’t quite decide what green.  This rug was just the ticket.  In addition to the dark green you see, there is a lighter green woven into the white.  It is perfect!  So it became a must have at $37.00.

006It’s a good thing this pooch  was sitting on this colorful rag rug rather than the rug we wanted.  I don’t think we would have won that battle.  One of the things we noticed is that a LOT of people had their dogs with them.  They were better behaved than some of the adults.

007

Planter anyone?

009

After a couple hours of snooping, we needed to take five.  They had Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Jamaican lemonade.  According to Google they use raw sugar or Sucanet in their lemonade.  I just know it was very tasty.  And if you’ve never had Jerk Chicken… try it if you ever get the chance.  We first tried it while in  Jamaica and fell in love with the flavors.  It is spicy but not burn your mouth spicy.  We never miss an opportunity to eat jerk chicken.  Some is better than others, but it has all been good.

016

Back to shopping!  We found this little Gecko metal critter for our Granddaughter Anna.  She will be celebrating her seventh birthday in August (how is that possible!) and has recently decorated her bedroom in a can’t get to sleep bright jungle theme.  This will be perfect for her!

 

021

I didn’t need new jewelry but the prices were really, really good on these earrings and bracelet.  I can’t remember exactly how much but between $6 and $16 for each piece.  I’m not into the heavy jewelry that is so popular today.  I love  it on other people, but not on me.  This is more my style.

024

And this is more  my style…  So we bought all four.

Once we left the arts, we put the top down on our VW and drove the back roads home, stopping at antique stores along the way.

I’ll have to say yesterday was an A+ day!!!!!

12 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love those kind of days!!! This weekend has been rain, on and off. But that's ok because I had A TON of laundry to do and cards to make!

Thank you for sharing your pictures!

LadyStyx said...

That second set of earrings is gorgeous! I used to wear large, hand-made earrings that I'd buy at Renny Faires. Hand-hammered brasses, rolled sterling silvers... ahh the days I could afford $35 earrings without a thought. I wouldn't buy them now though, even if I could afford them because I allowed the holes to close over.

Intense Guy said...

Aww, what a cute doggy. :)

If the short guy was walking around, juggling, playing a harmonica, waving at you all at the same time - I beatcha he could chew gum as well... LOL!

I like the clay pots with the faces and Anna is a lucky girl - that is one cool Gecko you are giving her!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day - looks like you had it all - weather, people and dog watching, gift shopping (and getting yourself something too!) and the good food and drinks.

:)

Karla said...

What a beautiful day! Looks like you had fun..and spent money too! Hope your week goes as well..but as for your post on facebook..well now I gotta hear about the shoveling shit episode of today! *waits for the post*

Nana said...

Looks like a fun day was had by all. What great finds you have there. Now I want some jerk chicken and lemonade.

The Wife O Riley said...

I love that jewelry! Thank you for the tip on Jerk Chicken, I have always been really scared to try it because I don't do spicy. But if it won't "burn my mouth", I'm totally going to try it.

AliceKay said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day.

Lainie said...

I love Jamaican Jerk Chicken too! But I do believe it tastes best in Jamaica, Mon! :-)
Sounds like an awesome day.

jewelzmomof4 said...

Mom you made me sooooo jealous I love doing all you all did that day. I love the jewelry and Anna is going to LOVE that gecko for her room it will go perfectly, and no I can't believe she is going to be seven. Hope the rest of your weekend was as good as that day .

Unknown said...

hahahaThis is sooo great! Stopping by from SITS!

Toriz said...

Sounds like an awesome day. :)

junyah said...

CHICHEN LA LA JERKIE,,LOL