Sunday, June 14, 2009

Play Ball!

Jamestown v. Prairie Home.  It was the game of the season!  A real nail biter.  And we were actually able to get tickets.  Unbelievable!

The star players were the unlikely pair of Anna and Allen.  And they just happened to be relatives.  Inseparable, best buds type relatives.

They also happened to be my grandkids.  My son, Greg, helps coach Allen’s team.  And let me tell you – watching a t-ball game of age 5 – 7 year olds is absolutely hands down the best time to be had.  It is a riot!

038

When I took this picture of Anna, I didn’t realize Allen was on first base for the opposing team.  I almost got him in the picture too.  Darn fence messed me up.  I was intent on framing Anna’s serious face as she got ready to steal to second to notice anything else.

I asked Allen after the game what they said to each other.  He told me, I said “Hi, Anna” and she said “I’ve been watching for you”. 

042

Absolutely NOTHING is going to get by this kid!  Well, except maybe every ball that came his way.  Allen would stand like this looking good but only a few times did he try to retrieve a ball and then only when we yelled  “ALLEN”! 

037

My sweet little Anna Rose looks absolutely “don’t mess with me” tough here. 

     049

Pssst Anna… Allen is stealing base behind you.  You do see him, right?  That’s Greg barking orders to those poor tykes.

058

A little fatherly advice never hurts.

059

Oh, and you ask what our little Reagan was doing during this hotly contested game?  The only thing a year and 1/2 year old should do.  She was eating and feeding her new friend gold fish crackers.

051

I think she had decided she was done sharing in this picture.

044

Reagan finally realized I was clicking the camera and moved in for a close-up.  Those big brown eyes are killers.  Irresistible!

9 comments:

Lainie said...

What fun! I used to love going to Erics ball games. He played from the age of 5 until he was in high school and they were the most fun ever. You had two on opposing teams...now there's a good time since you have to root for everyone!
Precious pics too. :-)

Intense Guy said...

Reagan is so precious! She's so adorable sharing her goldfishes. :)

Its really neat that your grandchildren are playing on different teams and with (not against) each other. I remember playing like Allen. LOL - some of ua guys just aren't going to vaccuum up the baseballs on the field. But with a cutie like Anna to distract me - I'd have a "ready made" excuse!

The Wife O Riley said...

Those kids are so cute! I just want to eat them up! At least Allen has the proper stance down, and was doing a good job holding Anna at first.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Your grandbabies are so precious!!! Loved all the pics!

AliceKay said...

Great pics! Your grandkids are so cute.

I used to love going to Little League games. Kids be a lot of fun to watch. Marty and Brian (my nephew who lives by me) were on opposing teams for one game one year. Brian was the pitcher and Marty got a hit off of him (which surprised all of us). Karl wasn't too happy about that...he was Brian's coach. Rain came a few innings later and the game was called...the team Marty was on came out the winner. (Karl was pissed) Good memories. Thanks for sharing your family pics with us, Deanna. :)

Karla said...

what a lovely day you had! My kids never played baseball..couldn't get them interested in it..of course it would of helped if they had a dad who would of gotten involved too. My eldest did play football and run track. My youngest ran track.

Reagan is beautiful...All of your grandchildren are!!!! Lucky you...

LadyStyx said...

"Dont mess with me" ...too cute when sweet little girls get that look on their faces. So long as it don't STAY there.

Betty said...

Cute kids. I used to love T-Ball games, when my son played.

Nana said...

Those games are a riot! My grandson usually lays down for a little rest when he is on second base or where ever he feels the need.