Thursday, June 25, 2009

How sick were you…

I’ve not been feeling well for weeks now. 

I have Lupus and usually it just lurks in the background waiting for the right moment to attack.  And when it decides to attack – yikes!  It causes a lot of pain in many of my body’s joints and makes me just totally exhausted.  I’m usually able to keep going with a combination of a lot of rest and often pain medications.  Until yesterday.

Yesterday I hobbled out of bed (hadn’t taken any pain medications yet), showered and got ready for the day.  In the back of my mind I was thinking, “things just aren’t right”.  I had agreed to make a presentation to a local elementary school on my embroidery business – complete with pictures of the machine and samples of my work.  So I headed out for the day still thinking about the fact that I was feeling worse than normal.

Halfway through my presentation to kids age 10 through 13, I realized I was getting feverish and needed to get done quick.  Of course, they had tons of questions.  If I had felt better I would have totally enjoyed every minute of the experience.  All I could think of was the fact that I didn’t want to give these kids whatever I had.

To top that off, I had a hair appointment to get my hair cut, and getting in to the little gal that cuts my hair is tough, so I kept the appointment and warned her not to let me breathe on her.

I finally made it home, and collapsed onto the couch, head in hand.  There was not a place on my whole body that didn’t hurt.  Other than a lucid moment here and there, I didn’t come to until the middle of the night.  When I woke up I realized my fever had broke and I was feeling a lot better.

Today everything has changed.  I feel tons better – even the Lupus seems to have decided to  give me a bit of a break.  I was trying  to explain to Jim just how bad I felt and finally found just the right term to use. 

I felt so bad that I didn’t even turn on my computer.  Now  that is bad!

11 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm so sorry you felt so badly, but really glad you feel better now!!! Nothing like a bad patch to make you appreciate your health!

Hugs!

LadyStyx said...

*translates how bad you felt into terms I understand*

.oO(so bad I skipped my bike and was in bed AND asleep BEFORE midnight)

yep, that's bad. *HUGZ* Glad you feel better today.

Intense Guy said...

It sounds like you had a really horrible day yesterday :( but I am glad things seem to have "broken" and you feel better today. HUGE hugs (as a certain friend of mine says) for YOU.

I bet those kids would be totally understanding and would always welcome you back.

AliceKay said...

I'm sorry you felt so sick yesterday but glad you feel better today. *hugs* I have a distant cousin who has lupus and she's had some very rough days.

As Iggy said...I'm sure the children would welcome you back.

Toriz said...

So bad you didn't turn on your computer? That is bad!

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. *Hugs*

The Wife O Riley said...

That sounds terrible!! I'm glad you are feeling better today. Hugs!

Jan Holt said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better now. Lupus is such a debilitating disease, I'm so in awe of how you handle the most difficult situations with grace and dignity. You really are inspirational.

Sending you hugs,

Jan

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you are 100% better now!

#1 Normally, Thomas would NEVER allow himself to be filmed out of uniform. But we're talking about The Bella here.........and he's putty in her lil hands! So there ya go.

#2 Of course you can have the Bella for a spell! I know you'd spoil her rotten!!!! But you have to take me too........LOL!

jewelzmomof4 said...

well Mom I am glad you are feeling better. I hate when you are feeling bad.

MarmiteToasty said...

(((Deanna))) sorry to hear you have been poorly :(

big hugs

x

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I'm glad you're feeling better.