Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hillbilly OCHA

I’m not bold enough to claim that I am from the Ozarks but I am on the fringe… a short 30 miles south or east of where I live lands me smack dab in the middle of the region known as the Missouri Ozarks.  Some think of the Ozarks as a backwards Hillbilly place that time has forgotten.  They may be right.  I’ll have to admit that it is a place that I love, live in and visit often.  The Missouri Ozarks is drop dead beautiful and the people are one of a kind.  Don’t get your hopes up, though.  No photos of the beautiful Missouri Ozarks in this post… just the Hillbilly side of it.

As I was driving up my drive tonight I had to stop.  OMG! is that an OCHA?  It is orange and it is protecting  something.  A rock.  It is protecting a rock? 

002

I think I’ve mentioned before that Jim is building rock walls and walkways (again).  He pulled some rocks out of our land and piled them along side of the drive.  Yea you saw that right.  Some people grow grass, wheat, crops… we grow rocks.  These rocks came out of the holes  in the ground you see below.  When I someday do my walkway/rock wall post you will get a better idea of the magnitude of the rocks in this area.  Every rock you will see came off of this place. 

003001 

Dear one apparently thought I would not see LARGE rocks as I headed up the drive so he posted a warning… OCHA?  You decide…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... it worked. you DID see them. From your pictures, it looks like you have a real nice, relaxing yard.

sexy41 said...

Yes you did notice it. It sure cracked me up though. Everywhere we look we see OCHA's.

Lainie said...

Too funny! (OK you guessed it, I am catching up on all your blogs.)

AliceKay said...

Looks like this OCHA evolved from something other than what the "normal" OCHAs have.

Intense Guy said...

Ah a classic case of "you are what you eat". Now see, that OCHA lives in the woods... so... well, need I say more?

Someday, I think you need to print up business cards Punkn, ones that say:

"Sheep Farmer, Tree Hugger, Classy Embroidery, and Rock Grower"

They do seem to grow really well every year don't they?

p.s., I can only imagine what your hubby has in mind for the rest of that orange can of paint he got... :)

jewelzmomof4 said...

Oh Iggy my Dad can put a can of orange paint to good use he is very inventive LOL and yes Mom I do believe Dad made a hillbilly OCHA. LOL

Karla said...

I'm with Iggy..you are what you eat..LOL so many trees up there that the OCHA decided to try to "blend in" as not to be spotted. But you have a good eyes and spotted it right away!

LadyStyx said...

Not sure what's funnier, the post...or the comments. All I know is now I have to go wring my keyboard out...