Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Do you know?

 

Earlier this Spring we discovered a weed looking plant growing in the middle of our flower bed at the edge of the walkway.  It was there last year too.  Jim and I neither one remember planting it, but we thought “what the heck”, it kind of balanced things out.  So we left it. 

So this weedy bush just kind of sat there last year and… I guess just balanced things out.  And there it was again this spring.   So, we left it to balance things out again. 

Sometime if you give something (or someone) time to sort things out and pull it all together, it (they) will pleasantly surprise you.

green bush with yellow flowers

   Here is my “weed bush”.  See the beautiful yellow flowers?

close up of my mystery bush

The intent of this post really was to see if anyone can identify my beautiful mystery bush.  (I swear neither of us remember planting it!)

macro of yellow flower with flying ant on it

But then my mind did strange things as so often happens, and I realized this bush was like people.  Sometimes time is all that is needed to work things out and the beauty to shine through.

(I love the digital macro setting of my little camera)

004

So, how about it everyone.  Take a moment to look past the mundane around us and discover the beauty just waiting to pop!

Super hugs and as always – later!

10 comments:

AliceKay said...

Very pretty bush. I hope you (and they) can figure out what it is.

*hugs*

Intense Guy said...

They are very pretty.

I would guess they were some variety of St. John's Wort, perhaps the Great St. John's Wort?

If so, you could even eat them.

Deanna said...

Wow Iggy, you may be right. I'm going to research that. Originally all of the flowers planted in that garden was herbs, so St. John's Wort would make a lot of sense.

*heading off to my herb book*

LadyStyx said...

iggy's right.

They're pretty as well as functional!

Toriz said...

Good thing you left them then. :)

I always loved yellow flowers. I loved purple ones too, because purple is my favourite colour, but there's something about yellow flowers... Perhaps the fact that yellow is associated with sunnshine? *Shrugs*

junyah said...

Birds and squrrils and bees help transplant a lot of plants either by the pollant or the nuts and seeds. Jrs wisedom page.. lol hey the plant looks great,.. maybe good in a salard.. it can add color if nothing else..lol Hugs Jr

Lainie said...

What a lovely weed! :-)

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John%27s_wort

Queenie Jeannie said...

So pretty!!! I'm going to see if I can somehow re-create your lovely flower on a card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!