Thursday, July 2, 2009

Gobble, gobble

On my way home tonight, as I headed down our gravel road I came upon quite a site.

A mama gobbler was bobbing her way across the road in front of me with her too many to count gobblettes bobbing behind her. What a photo opportunity. I even had the top down on my bug convertible, so I could get a clean shot without windows in the way. And I had my camera with me too!

In my purse

In the trunk

of the car

Awwww mannnnnnnn!

On a positive note, I believe my internet problem is fixed. This time Mr. Tech checked things out on their end and found a loose connection at the relay station. This begs the question. Why do they automatically assume the problem is with owner equipment that has to be replaced at owner’s cost? Just wondering. Actually I used to work for the state telecommunication’s department and it was frustrating to troubleshoot problems such as this. I guess it makes sense to try to resolve the problem the easiest way possible. But easy for who?

Oh well, I’m in a bit of a pissy mood. I’ll brighten up shortly. Jim is on his way home with Dakota (7 year old grandson). He’ll brighten up my day.

13 comments:

Karla said...

sounds like me with the camera..another kodak moment missed! Hope your mood is better :-)

Toriz said...

That kinda thing keeps happening to my Mam. She keeps her camera in her bag, sometimes on the back seat, sometimes in the boot. Of course, when she really needs/wants the camera the bag is in the boot. When the bag is on the back seat - and easily reached - no photo oppertunities crop up.

Glad you got your internet sorted though. Just a shame they didn't think to troubleshoot properly first.

AliceKay said...

Wow...what a missed opportunity. I know the feeling. Came home from work yesterday and there were 3 squirrels in the driveway and I had to wait for them to scurry off to the trees in order to drive thru. (looked like little ones to me)

Yes, they always assume it's the fault of the customer before looking out on their end. The first question I get asked when I ask for help with my internet is if I've rebooted the cable modem lately. I tell them (when it's been acting up like it's been lately) yes, I sure do...almost every day. I'd like to say more, but I hold my tongue and don't.

I hope you have a fun time with Dakota.

Nana said...

Yeah, the kid will either brighten things up or make things spiral into utter chaos.

junyah said...

I was at a meeting with the Local Rod and Gun club back a number of years ago,they had a couple of guys there that were surpose to be top turkey hunters and they were telling how to go about getting one, i stood up after listerning for a hour and told one of them that where i live if you wasnt carefull driveing along my road you can run over one.. lol the guy wasnt inpressed.. as far as getting the same tect guy , thats a one in a million chance it self.... and ive been though the same thing a time or two here,its always our fault as you say, they look for you to be responcable..oh well life goes on... havea good day. ( the closeing is next week.)

LadyStyx said...

ok...all together now....

D'OH!

Funny in My Mind said...

I saw you had stopped over to my blog. Where do you live in MO? (you can e-mail me so it is private) Thanks for stopping by. I too, carry my camera everywhere.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh I would have loved to have seen that shot too!!!! Oh well, at least you got to enjoy it, right?? I'm glad your internet problem is fixed, even though it wasn't your problem!!

Thank you for the love and support!

Anonymous said...

I hate when you're trying to trouble shoot and they keep switching your line.

Don't worry, I'll take your word on the turkey!

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs* Hope you feel better today.

I've seen more Turkies than usual this year but have zero pictures too. Elusive birds.

I suspect the Tech guy's quality has dropped since Alice Kay keeps burying them in her backyard. How more could be left?

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'll leave the light on for you....but you better hurry because Thomas devours my desserts pretty fast!

Funny in My Mind said...

send me an e-mail and I will tell you where I live. I don't want people knowing. newnorb23@earthlink.net

Jan Holt said...

Hope you had a blast with Dakota AND that your internet system behaves itself now. Thanks for walking down Sesame Street/Memory Lane with me yesterday too.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs,

Jan