Thursday, July 2, 2009

DSL Woes

My internet connect has been real funky lately. One minute it is working, the next minute it isn't.

I've been working with the phone company and we decided my modem was semi-fried since it was working some of the time. So they delivered a new modem yesterday. We didn't switch it out because my on again, off again modem was working at the time.

So this morning I log onto the internet only to find I once again had no connection. Time to implement the new modem! I plug all the connections in and wala! Nothing. I unplug everything, replug everything, unplug, replug, reset, hold my tongue just right. Still nothing.

So back to the phone. Miraculously I got the same tech support guy. He has me stand on my head and count backwards from 100 and still nothing. Another tech (hopefully the same guy as yesterday) will show up this afternoon to check the outside connections. I refrained from asking why he didn't do that while he was at my house yesterday. It never pays to piss off tech support.

If I don't comment on your blogs it is because I am in DSL neverland at the moment.

I hope everyone is coping with everything going on in every life and will check into blogs when I have a few stolen seconds available at work.

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

Want my cable guy to help you out?

*hugs*

Deanna said...

LOL AK - I think I'll pass...

Toriz said...

See, I'd have asked why he didn't do that originally... But that's just me. ;)

Good luck getting it sorted though... Hope everything else your end is going well. *Hugs*

LadyStyx said...

Man that sucks. LOL@ AK offering to send her cable guy to help. I'm like Tori, I don't believe I woulda held my tongue in that situation.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ah man! Do you have Bubba Internet too??? LOL! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

My hubby downloaded a bunch of stuff on my computer before he left for school and now my computer is being totally wacky.

Intense Guy said...

I hope the DSL is all squared away - once its working well - it usually stays working well for quite a while.