Thursday, February 5, 2009

Beautiful day!

It is absolutely gorgeous today. The sun is shining and the temperatures are climbing. If I heard the weatherman right last night, it is supposed to be in the 60's by tomorrow. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!

I've been busy catching up on all the things that I wasn't doing while I was off having fun. I still have about 60 Carhart jackets to embroider logos on. I've saved them until last because they are a b*&ch to hoop. The weight of the material is almost impossible to deal with. I charge more for them but even then I'm not sure I will agree to do that type jacket again. Most items I can hoop, put on the machine, get it going and then piddle around with other things while it stitches out. I have to sit right by the machine when the jackets are stitching, holding up the weight of the jacket so it doesn't pull out of the hoop. Well, enough of that boring stuff.

The day we left for our vacation, Patti and I treated ourselves to a manicure and pedicure. This was a first for both of us. The poor girls at the spa were in stitches laughing at us. We were like teenagers, oohing, ahhing and giggling every time they touched our tootsies.



The guys were waiting for us at home, doing the fun stuff like loading luggage, turning off irons and coffee pots, picking their nose, etc.

We wanted to show off our pretty feet and nails so we asked Jim to take a picture. Ya can't trust a man. He took the opportunity to bring home the point of just how much Patti and I are alike.

Here is the picture he took...

10 comments:

Karla said...

one of these days I'm gonna pamper myself like that and get a manicure, pedicure, and massage too! A day at Elizabeth Ardens ahhhhhh!

ChicagoLady said...

LMAO, what a great picture! WTG Jim!

I checked the 10 day forecast, I believe it just might get up to 50 Degrees here soon. But I won't hold my breath. By the time that day comes, it will have changed and we'll see 30 and snow, lol.

Toriz said...

Hope your weather man is right... They often aren't though.

I've never had a proper manicure or anything... Can't say I mind... My Mam has a habit of bringing her stuff down and somehow getting me to give in and allow her to work on my nails, but it doesn't happen often (thankfully). I don't see the point in having mine done... I'm not even close to being a girly girl so I'm usually barefoot and getting dirty. Plus, I'm a nail biter. So there's no point doing my feet because they'll just get dirty within a few minutes, and there's no point doing my hands because within a few seconds they'll either be dirty or I'll be chewing my nails. LOL!

Still, I hope you guys enjoyed and felt better after it. :)

Intense Guy said...

I see Jim isn't the photographer in the family :)

Its 19F here today - I don't think the high got close to what it was supposed reach. The forecast says 50F-ish over the weekend. So we will have another 30F+ degree swing in less than a 10 days.

I hope you got all those Jackets finished up!! :) I'm happy to see you back!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I need a pedi sooo bad.... the photo of the two of you is cute and original... Kudos to the photographer.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

AliceKay said...

Love the pic. LOL

It's 20 and very cold outside today. The guys at the mill said it felt a lot colder. They came in several times this morning to warm up between customers. (no heat in the mill and it's usually colder in there than outside anyway)

Carhart jackets are very heavy so that job has got to be a real chore to do. Hope they all turn out okay for you.

LadyStyx said...

Had a manicure before, but I dont usually bother. My nails are continually breaking off (between typing nearly all day and the times when Im doing alot of handwashing when Im doing crafts..), so why bother? As for a pedicure...I dont like anyone touching my feet.

junyah said...

i have the best tool for a pedicure, its a dremel.Works good too,i use it on my toes and the dogs nails caluises you name it.
Cold werther has sat in here too.20 today was the high, yesteday it got up to 35 and so i got the hose out to wash my truck with,dug my way to the outside fosset. hooked up the hose got the pail of hot water inside and as soon as i turned the water on the hose connection broke.By the time i go t to the hardware store for a new one it was to cold t owash it, now i have to wait untill sunday before its going to be warm enough to try again.in the winter time if you dont keep your velical clean you cant tell what color it is from the road salts.
Im Glad Punkns back too, and that she had a great time.. Jr.( oh p/s ) Little wings sister Mell called me today to let me know that its a year since little wing passed away. May she rest in peace..

sexy41 said...

I so love pedicures and getting my nails done. But my feet in spots are ticklist. Umm Jim didn't do to good of a job on the pic. LOL. Has been warm here lately in upper 60's but we are now getting rain and colder now. We do need the rain. But I sure love sunshine. Glad you are back.

The Wife O Riley said...

That picture kills me!!!

I have an award for you!