Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's in a name...

Our daughter, Tessa, and her husband, Bill, took their four children to church this morning. This is a good thing, right? Well it is but sometimes it can be trying. This was one of those mornings. James, who is three, just wasn't in the mood for sitting still. So his dad decided to take him outside and have a little talk. Here is how the conversation went:

Bill: James, you have to behave in church.

James: No. I'm James.

Bill: We can go back inside if you promise to behave.

James: No! I'm James!

Bill (getting frustrated): You have to behave!

James: But I'm not HAVE, I'm James William !
A lot of laughing went on in place of praying this morning. I do believe that was a good trade off all in all.

And to all my friends, I hope you had a wonderful day!

11 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

That is too funny!

When Emerson was that age and we called her Smartypants she would say "I'm not pants, I'm peoples!"

ChicagoLady said...

That's cute! Although probably not the best place to have that discussion with his dad.

Lainie said...

He's a cutie! LOL

Lainie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AliceKay said...

Kids will be kids. LOL

Anonymous said...

Kids take so many comments literally... lol

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Karla said...

THey are so adorable at that age...the only want to reason logically in their own minds!! LOL

Intense Guy said...

Just wait until he latches on to Be Alert! I know my brothers and I were Lerts for months and months.

Toriz said...

ROTFLMAO!

Reminds me of a conversation between my Mam and one of my brothers.

Only Carl and I have the same father, Wayne's father is a different guy... His name is "Phillip" I'm telling you this because that's how the conversation started... Wayne was acting like his father and Mam didn't like it. So...

Mam: See you, you're Phillip the second!
Wayne: No, I'm not!
Mam: You are!
Wayne: No! I haven't got Phillip in my name!

She told him to get out of her sight. LOL!

sexy41 said...

That was so cute. I am sorry but I was cracking up. I know it was the right place to do it. But. Am still laughing. Thank you for my laugh today Punkn.

Hugs

LadyStyx said...

*lafffz and moves to the next entry*