Sunday, February 1, 2009

Been Thinking About You - I Swear It!

I'm back from our Cruise to the Southern Caribbean. I've just spent an hour going through pictures and realize I have no clue where to start sharing.... ahhhh but yes I do!


I want to start with YOU!



Well, us and then you lol. This is a picture of us as we head out the door. We have a tradition of celebrating with a glass of champaign as we start our journey and then we finish off the bottle when we get to our destination. This is us heading out... Gerard and Patti and Jim and Me.


I thought of Tori often throughout the cruise. Tori, we had two blind passengers with us. One was a gay guy who I kinda wondered about... he left his white tipped cane behind often while he tended to his partner who was in a wheel chair. All I could figure is that he is legally blind and was doing the best he could. I had to stop and think as I watched him and wondered how he would do if he was faced with the challenges you face daily. I suspect he would not do nearly as well as you do, Tori. He was much too intent on putting on a "show". Our other blind passenger actually reminded me of how I picture you. She was very sweet with an equally sweet husband. Anyway, Tori, I thought of you often.




Iggy I have not one picture for you. They all made me think of you. You make me stop and think all the time. You have had such an impact on me that I could not choose one picture.. if the picture is special, then it is IGGY.

Everytime I'd see a family I'd think of Wifey and Matt and their kids. I'd think of what fun they would be making of the experience. I spent some time in one of the hot tubs with one of the kids (I was actually trying to intimidate him and his brother into leaving so us adults could have it ;) ) I had such fun talking to him. He said his favorite Island was Grenada because everyone was so friendly. I had to smile. Grenada was pure hell because you couldn't walk two feet without someone following you wanting money lol. Anyway that sweet kid who did finally vacate the hot tub was mighty sweet and reminded me of Wifey and Matt.

And Lainie there were no pictures to capture you and your love. I had to think about you every time I saw someone in love. A rose to you.

Junyah if you are reading this - know you were on my mind. I saw folks taking things that the "rich" had thrown out and making something of it and I would think... yea, Junya would have done that. And the boats.. I thought of the boat you were making. I know the one below is not even close but... it is a boat.. right?

Ahhhh Marmie... Chickens and Roosters were everywhere on most of the Islands. Getting a picture of them was not too easy.. but I did get a few...



Chicago! Birds! Every time I saw a bird I thought of you. Plus there was a group of drunks on board from Chicago lol (were you one of them?) They would yell MISSOURI across the atrium and we would yell CHICAGO! Ok, I know that is lame ...







Styxie my dear. I saw OCHA'S everywhere. I wasn't sure who I should give this picture to but... you are the eye behind the mad OCHAman .....






And AK - A RAINBOW! Actually I discovered on this cruise that rainforests are great for rainbows. I will be posting most rainbow pictures eventually but this one will do for now...










BlueRidgeGal - my most recent blog friend... I looked at my photos through your eyes. I took pictures I would have never otherwise taken. I caught myself thinking... what would Gal do and I'd take an off the wall picture. This picture was taken from inside a shop. It is one of my favorites.


Well, I played for two weeks and I will pay dearly. Don't be surprised if you don't see much of me. Was it worth it? Damn right it was!
I have some awesome pictures and will share. My biggest regret is that I left the 35 mm camera at home because it is cumbersome. BIG MISTAKE! But it doesn't matter.. I have some awesome memories!
To all my friends.... hope you are well and know that I have missed you!


You see, as I look through the pictures I realize my blog friends were very much in my mind throughout my vacation.
It is going to take me some time to organize and really post meaningful pictures. So, I will start with a few of the most meaningful pictures and memories...

11 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*does the snoopy dance and jumps up and down and shouts "Punkn's back! Yeeehaaaw!" over and over!!!!!*

Welcome home Punkn!!!! Wow, those pictures really make me want to see and hear more about your cruise! That flower picture and the rooster one and the through the giftshop window are terrific! So many questions! Did you sit at the Captain's table with Captain Steuben? Did Jim flirt with Julie? How's Isaac and Gopher doing? And hopefully you never saw Doc anywhere.

I really hope you aren't "paying" for the trip by hurting... :(

I'm glad you are safely home. *Hugs*

LadyStyx said...

Oh you! Yet another bloggy friend that knows how to make me tear up and laugh at the same time.

*HUGZ* You've been missed. Welcome home!

ChicagoLady said...

Welcome home, Punkn! All these pictures are wonderful and beautiful, and I can't wait to see more.

I hope that in between all the thinking of us, that you really enjoyed yourself and relaxed. You deserved it.

Hugs!

AliceKay said...

Welcome home, Punkn. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and have taken some awesome and unique pics. Thanks for including us in your trip.

The rainbow is breathtaking. :) *hugs to you*

The Wife O Riley said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! It was so nice of you to think of us and the very sweet things you said about our family. I hope you have a wonderful time and I can't wait to see more pictures.

Toriz said...

I'm glad you enjoyed and are home safely. Hope you're not "paying for it" too much! *Hugs*

Wish I could have been there for real... I've never been on a cruise before.

junyah said...

Hi there Punkies hun glad to see you home and smiling, lol glad you had a good time ,i was getting worried about you since there was a ice strom your way while you were away hope everything is ok there, OH and they have dump pickers where you was huh, i hope they had a dump pickers union card lol (j/K )Welcome home Hun. Hugsss..

Karla said...

Glad you had a good time Punkn. So where to next?

sexy41 said...

Great pictures Punkn, look forward to seeing more. Sure glad you had a fantastic time on the cruise. Hope to someday go on one.

Hugs

MarmiteToasty said...

Goodness, Im honoured that you even thought of me, even if it was by seeing a skanky old cockeral lmfao - I now really feel part of your world....

Im glad you had a super time and got home safely..... dear dear you....

x

Lainie said...

Nice blog Punkn. TY for the rose. :-) It's good to be home isn't it? I'll be leaving on my cruise next week and I hope I have as wonderful a time as you did!
BTW the wedding went GREAT! and I will be posting pics this weekend.
Welcome Home!