Friday, March 6, 2009

It could have happened to anyone

There are two thing about me you need to know to understand this post.

  1. We kinda compost. We're not the serious, have to save everything type of composters, but we do save egg shells, coffee grounds, vegetable and fruit, etc.
  2. I sometimes move at warped speed. When I'm in a hurry, trying to get things done quickly, Jim just moves out of my way.

So, today was one of those days. Jim had left early to help cut fish for the fish fry our church was having tonight (we served 1400 people in 3 hours last Friday... isn't that amazing?). Anyway, I did some things around here and was running late. At the last minute I decided to slice an apple to take with me. For some reason I have this thing about biting into an apple. I just hate it. But I love apples. So, I slice them into bite size pieces. And since we compost, I quickly pulled out the compost container and threw the core in and grabbed the lid to close it up. And here is what I saw.....

Yikes! That's my coffee grounds! There are apple cores in my coffee grounds! But it was an honest mistake...

Here is my compost....

And here they are side by side. I tell ya, it could have happened to anyone!

10 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Well, the extra apple taste to the coffee would definitely make it a "gourmet" coffee....

Jan Holt said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like this. I'm glad I found your blog!

The Wife O Riley said...

Early one morning you are going to find egg shells in your coffee if you don't mark those better. Put green construction paper around the compost. So we all know how "green" you are.

junyah said...

Ive heard of haveing an egg in my beer before but... lol i have that same lost of mind thing everyday that i do things like that.. its got so its not funny and i find it runs into money cause i'll forget something and have to go to the store again to get what i was after in the frist place. lol HUgs hun ..JR

Anonymous said...

Um... yes, like The Wife O Riley suggested... put green on it! They look way too much the same otherwise.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

AliceKay said...

LOL

ChicagoLady said...

At least you didn't throw your apple bites in there! Imagine having to eat them with coffee grounds on them. Ewwwwwwwwww

Toriz said...

LOL! Well, it could have been worse... You could have grabbed the wrong container when you were making a cup of coffee.... Now that would have been gross!

Karla said...

Lordy! Sounds like everyday here for me LOL

Intense Guy said...

Or just buy one can of the decafe... :)

You can just compost the contents of that can directly!