Monday, March 16, 2009

The reply

Here is what I heard back from Rita. She really never has been one to think through what she says or does. I've just learned to ignore it over the years.

I screwed up again. Geez, you would think I would learn.

The Barkhauses and Schultehenriches and us always go into together when there is a death. We didn't make it to the visitation so we got something and thought we would give it to Nicki at PoKeNo night. I didn't think it through. Sorry!


This is so typical Rita. I will continue being friends with her - we've been friends for too long to let something like this come between us. I'm not too sure why the whole thing hurt my feelings the way it did - that part isn't like me at all. I'm not going to join the group anymore, though. I've too many other things that I enjoy doing to keep me busy. I don't need to waste time doing something I don't enjoy all that much.

The only person who will miss me is Rita - I sometimes think the rest struggle to remember my name!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and thank you for your insightful and often funny comments.

PS. I've stored my nine iron and putter in the hall closet where they'll be handy if I need them again :)

7 comments:

Karla said...

You got your feelings hurt because you were standing there thinking *what the? I didn't know about this!!!!* It's human nature. And I know the been friends too long to let something let this get in the way!!!*hugs* have a great week...

btw do you still have the same email addy you had 3 or 4 years ago? I want to email you something (no it's not a forward LOL)

Deanna said...

Karla, you can email me at punkndeanna@hotmail.com.

I don't mind forwards as long as they are really, really good! :)

Intense Guy said...

Ahh, nothing like a red-faced "oops".

So what are you going to do to fill in all that newly available free time??

Hey! I know, you could add about 10 more blogs to your list to read!!!

:)

LadyStyx said...

*nods* @ the "been friends too long" thing. It's why my SCSis gets away with what she does. I mean it's been nearly 30 years so it'd take something ~really~ big to separate us.

AliceKay said...

I missed this post earlier because I didn't scroll down past the birthday one. :\

Good to know she replied to your email. I wouldn't waste my time on something I didn't enjoy when there are so many other things out there in the world that I do enjoy. *hugs*

Toriz said...

"Didn't think," *Sigh* How often have I heard that one?

Good decision.

ChicagoLady said...

At least she apologized. Sort of. I think you made the right decision abut not participating in PoKeNo in the future. Hopefully, you and Rita will still find plenty of time and other things to do together.