Sunday, April 5, 2009

Let the sun shine

New life.  That is what Spring signifies.

Christ has died, Christ is risen.

The dreary browns of winter turn to green and vibrant colors of yellow, red, purple, pinks, orange… 

The world is full of suffering.  It is also full of joy.  Sometimes the two collide.  The impossible turns into a ray of light.

My blog friends impact my life.  When they are happy, I am happy.  When they are sad, I am sad.  I hate it when they hurt.  I love it when they feel good and all is well in their world.  I encourage everyone to write about the good and bad.  To me that is what blog is all about.  I don’t want to read only good… that isn’t real life.  At least isn’t real life that I’ve ever known!

My own life is once again threatened with a dark cloud of pain.  My dear dad, after caring for my confused, Alzheimer plagued mom for 5 or more years, is now entering a fight he probably won’t win.  We enter a new round of tests tomorrow, but short of a miracle, the diagnosis won’t be good.  I believe in miracles, but I’m not silly enough to think that one is in the offing right now.

This is new life.  God will take him in his own time.  And dad will rejoin with the love of his life.  I will shed my tears.  But the tears will be for me.  I know dad will be like mom – no longer in pain.

For all my blog friends – I know many of you are going through trials… depression,  loss of family, loss of health, break-up in relationships.  The list goes on and on.  Just know that you are not alone.  Let it all out.  We are here for you.

 

And for you lucky souls who are not going through trials at the moment – let your sun shine through!  We all need a smile ya know.

13 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Spring? I don't see Spring. Not here. All I see is more white sh*t on the ground and on all the tree branches. Will it ever end?????

LadyStyx said...

Ahhh Spring. Had 80 degress here this afternoon. Even a couple hours in the sun didnt help drive the blahs away. All it did was charge the batteries enough to get a decent ride in later in the evening.

*HUGZ*...simply because it sounds like you need 'em more than me right now.

Toriz said...

Excellent post, Punkn.

I'm sorry to hear that you may soon lose your Dad. *Hugs*

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs* I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's illness.

I guess the best thing is there is still a little time - to say the things you want (and need) to say to each other.

I hope your Dad doesn't suffer - and I hope you can gain solance in his life being filled with an incredible family and their many happy moments.

Karla said...

If it would decide if it's spring or winter...80 one day 50 the next...more blah than just cold...but it brings hope on those 80 degree days.

*hugsss* hold on to your faith Punkn and it will see you through this trial.

AliceKay said...

*sends a big hug to Punkn*

sexy41 said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Hugs to you Punkn.

rebel said...

Punkn, I am so sorry for you. I know what you are goin' through. I lost my Mom first and then my Dad got sick and like you, I knew it wasn't goin' to work out to please me. Nothin' about losin' a parent is easy but just like you said, he will be reunited with your Mom. From what you have written I can tell you have already come to term with the fact, life goes on. Your Dad will be goin' to his real home.
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family durin' this difficult time in your lives.
God Bless You.

Mean Mom said...

Spring is definitely here. We have had some sun and I have been able to spend some time trying to tidy up the garden.

So sorry to hear the news about your father. It's very sad. I do hope that you are able to enjoy the time he has left together. Will be thinking of you.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I hope that whatever he has will not mean alot of pain and tests! HUGS!!

MarmiteToasty said...

(((Punkn)))) so very sorry to hear about your dad.... no more words, just huge hugs to you..

x

junyah said...

Gives Punkies a Big Hug..with the begining of spring comes new life and it cycles all over again..Im thinking of you all the time... Jr

Queenie Jeannie said...

Any new news on your Dad?? Hugging you from afar!