Saturday, April 25, 2009

A view

This is a quick post hoping that it finds everyone having a great weekend.

I love my office.  Sometimes it is hard to concentrate because the view draws me to the outside.

dogwood trees

It has been a busy weekend so far in my part of the world.  For those who have been wondering, the Dr. FINALLY confirmed what I already knew in my heart.  My dear old dad has cancer in his liver.  We don’t know yet whether it is liver cancer or if it is another cancer that has metastasized to his liver.  He is already in a lot of pain and very weak and we have not yet even seen the oncologist.  When we told him he has cancer he just bowed his head and said “that’s the way it is”.  I do love that man.

13 comments:

sexy41 said...

Big hugs to you Deanna. It is hard to know what to say. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your Dad.

The Wife O Riley said...

I am so sorry Deanna! My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.

Karla said...

*hugsssssssss* Punkn...My prayers are with you.

MarmiteToasty said...

So sorry to hear about your dad..... big hugs to you, and love and thoughts to your dad....

know you are loved..

x

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

Your Dad knows he has the love of his family to help him through this difficult time - and you should know that too.

My thoughts are with your Dad, you and yours.

Toriz said...

*Hugs*

My thoughts are with you, your Dad and the rest of your family.

Nana said...

I am very sorry to hear that. My BIL has liver cancer. He is still with us but I am afraid not for long.

My prayers are with you also.

AliceKay said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to your dad, you, and your entire family, too. *hugs*

The view from your office is beautiful.

Lainie said...

Hugs to you and my prayers go out to you and your family.

Betty said...

I'm sorry about your dad. Sounds like he already suspected what was wrong. Thinking of you.

Deanna said...

Thanks for all the words of support everyone. So many are going through a lot. Each and every one of you are in my thoughts and prayers too.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm very sorry hun! Your father sounds very brave and strong. Hugs and prayers for your whole family.

ChicagoLady said...

What a beautiful view! I bet it's very peaceful, looking out at that every day.

Hugs and prayers go out to you. Your dad is very lucky to have such a loving daughter. I know you'll look after him and make whatever comes, easier to bear.