Thursday, April 16, 2009

My world yesterday

There are no words to describe yesterday.  At least not in my limited vocabulary.  It was so peaceful as I took my much needed walk.

 

I could hear our recently acquired hoot owl off in the distance.  Over the many years we have lived here, every once in awhile one of those mysterious creatures take up residence with us.  This big fellow was sitting on our corner fence post at dusk the other evening and we’ve been hearing him ever since.  As I was thinking about how forlorn and yet comforting the hoot hoot was, a shadow darkened the sky above me.  I looked up to see a gorgeous red tail hawk riding on the breeze.  All I could think was, “God is good”. 

If you ask me at the end of summer what my favorite time of year is, I will answer without question – “FALL!”  But ask me today after a long dreary winter what my favorite time of the year is and I’m telling you very firmly it is SPRING!

Here are a few photos I took yesterday when I should have been hoofing it to burn off those many sins of winter.  I hope you enjoy them.

014

I was ready to snap this red bud bloom picture and out of the blue I got a visitor.  How special is that?  I think my friend the honey bee posed quite prettily.

002 003 004 008 013 015 017 018

Oh, did I mention that I love Spring?

10 comments:

Akum said...

Wow! I envy you. Wish i could get a chance to live in such a peaceful place. Wow!

Intense Guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Intense Guy said...

Lovely pictures Punkn. I could sit here and look at them all day.

In fact I think I will select one and make it my couputer's desktop background. Hmm... which one... I think the second one of the red bud with the posing honey bee...

Toriz said...

Sounds like a perfect day.

Don't worry about the constant change of mind about the season you like best. My favourite season depends on my mood, how much of what kind of weather we've had, and which pops in to my head first. LOL!

junyah said...

When the leaves on the popular tree are as big as a mouseie's ear, the trout are biteing...

thats the frist sign of spring, (that and some fool on a motorcycle) lol OH and Robins..Jr said this..

Betty said...

The only season I don't much like is summer. Too hot! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm enjoying yours.

LadyStyx said...

Those bleeding hearts are beautiful. Haven't seen flowers like that in a long time.

AliceKay said...

Really beautiful pictures, Punkn. It's almost like being there in person to see it for myself. :)

The Wife O Riley said...

Beautiful picture Punkn! You definitely have an eye for beauty.

ChicagoLady said...

It's starting to look that pretty here, Punkn! I took a short walk yesterday at a local Forest Preserve, just enjoying being outdoors in the sunshine, listening to the birds, getting some fresh air.

The colors of Spring are really starting to come alive there. Thanks for sharing those pictures with us.